Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using dynamic attribute in java application

RhysO_Shea
Level 2
36455.jpg
Hi all,

I am trying to dynamically use the ordinal of a Java Tables elements as the table itself cannot be spied. I want to use the ordinal plus the number of records being input into it as the ordinal to interact with. For example I have 3 rows to input I would want to use the Ordinal value of [Original Ordinal] + 0, [Original Ordinal] + 1, [Original Ordinal] + 2.

However when I use the [Original Ordinal] + {0,1,2} etc. in a navigate stage it cannot find the element however when highlighting the element in App Modeller it can find the element, so this has to be an issue with how the navigate stage is using the dynamic ordinal value when run.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Rhys,

Ideally this should not happen, have you checked the current value of the Current Ordinal before navigating to this stage and ensured if that is correct? Also, if possible can you show the attributes selected for this element in the application modeller as that will give us a better insight.
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

RhysO_Shea
Level 2
@devneetmohanty07 The current value of Current Ordinal is as expected (Ordinal + 0,1,2 etc). You should be able to see the Attributes in the screenshot attached in the original post on the right hand side.​

Also, to understand properly, what kind of exact exception message are you getting while you execute this action? Or is it just passing over the stage without any exception message?
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

RhysO_Shea
Level 2
@devneetmohanty07 So turns out i can use the Match Index to navigate the table and just increment that with each iteration of the number of records so if anyone reading this in the future comes across this issue try using the Match Index instead of the Ordinal.

The error message I got was a standard "Cant find the referenced element" error message.

Thanks for your time nonetheless​ Devneet.