cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of SAP ECC to S/4HANA Strategies and Challenges

JezreelFernande
Level 3
Hi,

My team and I are currently in the progress of migrating our SAP ECC Environment to SAP S/4HANA. I would just like to pick your brain and previous experiences regarding this type of migration and how it impacted your Blue Prism Processes and Objects. Just want to get some perspective so that we can strategize accordingly as well when we start this activity.

1. What were the challenges you encountered when you performed the same migration? 
2. Did the migration requires a lot of code changes on the sap blue prism object level?

Appreciate your comments, suggestions and recommendation.

Thanks!!

------------------------------
Jezreel Fernandez
RPA Developer
Jabil Singapore
Asia/Hong_Kong
2 REPLIES 2

KrishnaA
Staff
Staff
Hello Jezreel,

Have you heard of SAP Accelerators VBO packages. They are geared towards organizations using SAP GUI at any stage:
  • MIGRATION - Customers that ARE READY to upgrade S/4HANA: Enable a team of Blue Prism Digital Workers to accelerate operational business processes and migration activities in support of a digital transformation journey.
  • BEFORE - Customers NOT READY to upgrade to S/4HANA: Accelerate the automation of current operations, setting a baseline for SAP transformation in the future. Once companies decide to upgrade, the same VBOs can be reused in future environments.
  • AFTER - Customers that HAVE ALREADY upgraded to S/4HANA: Leverage Blue Prism to enable emerging technologies, realizing the benefits of Intelligent Automation.

For more details and a sample package, please refer https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/blue-prism-accelerators-for-use-with-sap-erp---sample-pack

Best regards,

Krishna A
Blue Prism
Krishna A [CompanyName]

LevinDriessen
Level 2
Hi Jezreel,

Could you share your experience with the migration to S/4HANA? Especially the object level?

L D