cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peoplesoft

Kevymc
Level 3

Hi all, we're looking at possibility of connecting to PeopleSoft (now acquired by Oracle) to automate some of our business processes.

We're hoping there are some APIs which can be exposed for quicker updates, rather than automating through the GUI and automate what a human user would do.

Does anyone know whether this is possible with Blue Prism and Peoplesoft? Any connectors perhaps? And would be great if anyone has any experience of this that they can share. FYI, currently on v6.10.5.

Thanks in advance, Kevin.

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

kray1642
Staff
Staff

Hi Kevin,

While there are currently no connectors specific to PeopleSoft on the Digital Exchange, I encourage you to submit this as an asset idea. This feature can be found directly above the "Forum Posts" title on the previous page.

Blue Prism supports integration with a wide variety of APIs. Though I am not familiar with PeopleSoft, you may be able to authenticate and call their APIs from your Blue Prism process. I can see some REST APIs in their documentation, but this would depend on your business use case. 

There are some utilities available on the DX that can reduce some of the work required to call an API and manipulate the results. I recommend checking out the "Utility - HTTP" VBO first.

I hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Regards,

Kennadee Griggs

Digital Exchange Engineer

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kray1642
Staff
Staff

Hi Kevin,

While there are currently no connectors specific to PeopleSoft on the Digital Exchange, I encourage you to submit this as an asset idea. This feature can be found directly above the "Forum Posts" title on the previous page.

Blue Prism supports integration with a wide variety of APIs. Though I am not familiar with PeopleSoft, you may be able to authenticate and call their APIs from your Blue Prism process. I can see some REST APIs in their documentation, but this would depend on your business use case. 

There are some utilities available on the DX that can reduce some of the work required to call an API and manipulate the results. I recommend checking out the "Utility - HTTP" VBO first.

I hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Regards,

Kennadee Griggs

Digital Exchange Engineer

Kevymc
Level 3

Thanks very much for your response, Kennadee - very helpful.

I will do as you suggest also and submit as an asset idea.

Kind regards

Kevin