cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler Pending Session Starter VBO

David-Dinh
Staff
Staff
This is the beginning the support thread for this VBO.

------------------------------
David Dinh
Software Support Engineer
Blue Prism
America/Chicago
60 REPLIES 60

Hi Nilanshu,

Thanks for sharing this information.  Is it possible you attach sample code here so we can test this.  I think this is a great alternative to the VBO.

Thanks,

David

David Dinh
Blue Prism
America/Chicago

Hi Nilanshu,
We would like to see what solution you have implemented using http. Can you please share the details on how to use, if that is really helping you.

sapna soni
Capgemini Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi David ,

Have there been any updates on this, please? The current customer in Emea is finding the same errors and wanted to know if compatibility with V7.2 is resolved. Alternatively are  there insights into the HTTP commands solution 

Presales Support
Presales Support
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi Presales,
Please ping me via Slack internally.
Thanks,

David

David Dinh
Blue Prism
America/Chicago

Hi David,

We are also looking for a concrete solution to this. Please update.
Thanks & Regards
Sapna Soni

sapna soni
Capgemini Pvt Ltd
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Sapna,

I do not have an http solution.  Only the VBO is created.  Is the VBO not working for you?

Thanks,
David

David Dinh
Blue Prism
America/Chicago

Hi, @David-Dinh

While testing the asset downloaded from the link, I came across the following compiler error.

Actually, I'm using BP v7.2. Is the asset not compatible with this version? or would you guide me to get through this issue?

8130.png

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi HongJoo,

There is a new VBO on the DX specifically for 7.2.  Its currently in the approval process.  I am attaching here.

Thanks,
David

David Dinh
Blue Prism
America/Chicago

Hi, @David-Dinh

Thank you for the new VBO.

I tested it briefly after having created the pending session, but it was observed the pending session didn't start.

In this test, I have created a task of two sessions with each session allocated to different RR; 

One of sessions is allocated to the RR in a Missing status while the other  session to the RR in an Idle status.

8134.png

When running the Pending Session Starter in this circumstance, the AS connects to the RR but it's disconnected right after that for some reasons and the pending session remained as it is.

8135.png

8136.png

I'm not sure if this is the right way to create a pending session and feel free to let me know if there's another way.

Otherwise, it seems obvious that the Pending Session Starter doesn't cover my test case.

Hope this be considered in the official version.

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi HongChoi,

There should be a test mode setting where can use a different user other than scheduler to do the testing.  So you are not required to use scheduler user for testing.  In this case, you can just drag over a session to create a pending session.  Then run PSS to see if it will process it.

The use case you described is useful for me as we are unable to reproduce one from the scheduler.  Thanks for that info.

If you are still having issues, lets set up a meeting to discuss.  You can set up a meeting at my email david.dinh@sscinc.com between 8-4pm CST.

Thanks,
David

David Dinh
Blue Prism
America/Chicago