cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set an automated meeting invite on Outlook Calendar

AalapVerma
Level 2

I have a project with requirement to set meeting invites for specific group of people after checking the best available time slot for the target audience. Is there any VBO or ready solution available?

------------------------------
Aalap Verma
Automation Associate
S&P Global
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
At the moment Blue Prism does not provide a VBO for that, but maybe somebody in the wider community has an example to share. The Outlook mail VBO also provides an insight into how calendar functionality could be developed using the same API. There are many examples of using the API online too.

Please also submit your requirement to the ideas page so that others can vote for it to be considered for the product road map.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TakashiSatoh
Level 4
I'm also very curious about this feature. When it comes to internal collaboration, it's not just about email, but also it's about managing meetings and scheduling view itself. I'm looking forward to your support for this feature.

Takashi Satoh
Senior Expert
NetOne Systems
Asia/Tokyo

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
At the moment Blue Prism does not provide a VBO for that, but maybe somebody in the wider community has an example to share. The Outlook mail VBO also provides an insight into how calendar functionality could be developed using the same API. There are many examples of using the API online too.

Please also submit your requirement to the ideas page so that others can vote for it to be considered for the product road map.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Aalap Verma,
I had the similar requirement to create the invites and sent to the meeting participants. I used the ICS (.ics) file concept to achieve it in outlook. ICS file is text file with all the required details of the meeting. Outlook application can understands the .ics file and opens it in outlook meeting window. I had created custom vbo with code stage in C# to create the .ics text file. Please find the link below to check the C# code.

How to create .ics file using c#?

But this requires details of meeting participants (attendees/ Organizer) and meeting start time and end time and time of the meeting. If you need to find the availability of meeting participants and book the meeting, then you may have to use the Microsoft Graph api. 

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph

In my opinion, we can't spy the outlook application window just like any other windows applications, this makes it complicate to use the existing outlook functionality (click meeting button, add attendees in text box, add the time of meeting, see the availability of attendees etc...) and need to rely on code stages.

Naresh Shanigarapu
Automation Developer
Toronto

kirtish_trivedi
Level 3
Hi Alap, Were you able to find the solution? I am having similar kind of requirement

Asia/Kolkata

Hi Naresh,  

I am having similar kind of requirement where I need to send meeting invite from BluePrism. Can you please help me undestand how to use/integrate .ics file to send invite

Asia/Kolkata