cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint VBO?

AjishChandrabab
Level 3
All, Is there a SharePoint VBO available with Blue Prism? if so, where can I download it from ? Thanks Ajish
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

You'll need to change a couple spots on this batch file. The first line dictates the path of the folder, which in my case is the sharepoint set up as a network drive of W:\ . The end of this where it says "RPA*" is just the start of the Window title. The timeout may vary based on system and/or startup times, but without it the script will execute too fast for it to close anything.

start w:\
timeout 2
taskkill /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq RPA*"​

------------------------------
Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

View answer in original post

24 REPLIES 24

AjishChandrabab
Level 3
anyone please?

what u need to do in sharepoint ?

OlaNykvist
Level 3
There is no ""official"" SharePoint VBO that I'm aware of, but SharePoint has a well documented REST API that exposes most functionality. See MSDN or ask a more specific question and I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Can you map the Sharepoint folder to be a network drive on your computer and then just use the standard Utility - File Management VBO? I have done that previously and it worked well.

CaryHenderson
Level 2
Denis, have you come across a situation where you've needed to update/manage SharePoint file/directory permissions in Blue Prism? We're currently trying to find the best way to go about accomplishing this and would appreciate any guidance. 

AmiBarrett
Level 12
@CaryH, Denis is right on the money -- you can browse to any SharePoint directory via file explorer, which means you can also map it to a network drive. Just ensure that the WebClient service is running in order for this to work.   The only caveat to this, is that I had to write a batch file script to run on login which would open the network path in a file explorer window, then close said window. If you don't do anything to refresh this connection on login (note: locking the screen does not affect this), then Blue Prism will fail to navigate to the directory.

Hi @AmiBarrett, can you provide the script file you used to open and close the windows​? Or specifically, what you used to close them? I have a process that requires files to be moved to several different sharepoint locations, and I am experiencing the issue you describe where it can't navigate to it. I have worked out how to get them to open, but not close, and with a potential 50 different file paths I can't leave them sitting open once they've been connected to.

Dianna Bartlett
Robotics Developer
LBG
Europe/London

You'll need to change a couple spots on this batch file. The first line dictates the path of the folder, which in my case is the sharepoint set up as a network drive of W:\ . The end of this where it says "RPA*" is just the start of the Window title. The timeout may vary based on system and/or startup times, but without it the script will execute too fast for it to close anything.

start w:\
timeout 2
taskkill /FI "IMAGENAME eq explorer.exe" /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq RPA*"​

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago

Hi,

The above solution will help us to get the files from share point location  through file explorer but If I have 100 paths I cannot map 100 drivers in to Network .What would be the best approach for this scenario?

Harish
RPA Developer