cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint List API - List View Threshold

Benjamin_Ludvig
Level 2
Hi! I am using the Sharepoint List API from Digital Exchange. It works fine, but when i interact with a list that has more than 5000 items it returns with an error message saying it exceeds the limit for sharepoint list view threshold. I have tried using filter to index the search but it wont work. The exact same code works fine with smaller list. I have checked the list and the number of items to be returned should be about 20 rows. I have also tried using top but that only affect the number of items returned, i think the problem is that it wont search through a list of that size regardless of how mana rows its returning. 

I had this problem with another list earlier where i switched the order of the filtered items to resolve the issue. (Put test2 before test1) But that didn't work with this one.

All answers will be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

GopalBhaire
Level 10

Hi Benjamin,

I don't have an answer for you, and this is an interesting issue but from what I read maybe indexing the column can help you. 

Living Large with Large Lists and Large Libraries | Microsoft Docs

Benjamin_Ludvig
Level 2
@Gopal Bhaire thanks for the reply. The sharepoint list is already indexed so there is no problem viewing it online. But it seems that this is not affecting the api call so the error is still present. ​