cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint List Library VBO - Odata queries

SwatiGupta
Level 2

Hi
I am trying to utilize Sharepoint List Library VBO from Digital exchange. I tried to update few records/items in sharepoint but I am facing issues with customized Odata query. I tried with different HTTP methods in my query as well PUT, POST and PATCH but it didn't work. Can you please help us to share how we can update sharepoint data and what will be customized Odata query syntax?

Here are few sample queries to pull/read data from sharepoint:
getbytitle('Test List 1')/items?$filter=(FName eq 'FNameABC')
getbytitle('Test List 1')/items?$filter=ID eq 5

But for update, no luck. Attached is the screenshot of sharepoint.
Update scenario: Update any item under FName column.

------------------------------
Swati Gupta
Senior Developer
Tyson Foods
Asia/Bengaluru
38 REPLIES 38

Hi , 
Share point list skill is using Sharepoint API's and not Graph API.  Graph API can help with the restriction as highlighted by Microsoft in the link below.
However SharePoint List Library Skill is not using Graph API and hence its not possible to restrict as per my understanding. 

Controlling app access on a specific SharePoint site collections is now available in Microsoft Graph - Microsoft 365 Developer Blog

Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata

How do I get SharePoint List Skill or SharePoint List Library VBO?

Where do I get the release file or package for SharePoint List Library VBO?

Vinaya Shastry

Hi ,
Its not available anymore. You can reach out to Blue Prism support. This is the reply I got when I contacted support

Thank you for contacting DX Support. The asset you are referencing is a private asset and only available to those associated with the company the asset creator was associated with. How were you able to get this asset? Was this an older download? Since this is the case, there is no support available for this asset, but we do have a robust community that could potentially help. 

Thanks
Sandeep S

Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata

The previous SharePoint VBOs were removed from the DX as they require some significant updating. We were receiving quite a bit of feedback regarding difficulty deploying and working with them. The libraries that were included are out of date, the API version is an older one, etc. Further, Microsoft is moving to Graph as their primary service API.

There is a Graph-based SharePoint asset available on the DX now. Currently, it is focused on SharePoint lists, but it is being enhanced to include support for working with files. I suspect it will be available in the Aug/Sept time frame.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Thanks.

Hi @ewilson.

When Sharepoint List Library Skill ​migrated from BP6.4.1 to BP7.1.1, it is identifying as Web service instead of skill on BP7.1.1.

Could you pls assist here.

vinod chinthakindi

Hello @vinod chinthakindi,

I assume you're referring to the older SharePoint connector that was on the DX. As my previous post on this thread points out, that connector was removed from the due to support issues. The SharePoint assets on the DX now are regular WebAPI services. We are not releasing these as skills as the skill feature brings no real benefit over-and-above a WebAPI service other than having a it shown on the skill toolbar.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks @ewilson for your response. Just want to know how to handle these issues going forward. When a skill imported from BP 6.4 to BP 7.1.1, I can see errors in my process which has dependency on these skills. I am updating actions manually by selecting web service as object and passing inputs again.

What If we have many processes dependent on skills in BP6.4 that's needs to be migrated to BP7.1.1​, Other than updating actions manually, do we have any other solution?

vinod chinthakindi

@vinod chinthakindi,

If you have the .bpskill file from 6.4 you can import that into your 7.1.1 environment and continue to use it.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange