cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint List Library VBO - Odata queries

SwatiGupta
Level 2

Hi
I am trying to utilize Sharepoint List Library VBO from Digital exchange. I tried to update few records/items in sharepoint but I am facing issues with customized Odata query. I tried with different HTTP methods in my query as well PUT, POST and PATCH but it didn't work. Can you please help us to share how we can update sharepoint data and what will be customized Odata query syntax?

Here are few sample queries to pull/read data from sharepoint:
getbytitle('Test List 1')/items?$filter=(FName eq 'FNameABC')
getbytitle('Test List 1')/items?$filter=ID eq 5

But for update, no luck. Attached is the screenshot of sharepoint.
Update scenario: Update any item under FName column.

------------------------------
Swati Gupta
Senior Developer
Tyson Foods
Asia/Bengaluru
38 REPLIES 38

@ewilson
I am doing the same thing. But issue is As skill is considered as Web service in BP 7.1.1, related actions has errors saying missing object.
So I am selecting Object and actions again in BP 7.1.1 manually.

Is there a way to handle this.​

vinod chinthakindi

@vinod chinthakindi,

​I'm not following. Do you have the actual .bpskill file? If so, you imported it, but your processes are telling you that the object is missing, correct? That doesn't make sense since the Web API used by the skill is actually embedded within the .bpskill file.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Do you have the actual .bpskill file? If so, you imported it, but your processes are telling you that the object is missing, correct? 
Yes. Correct! That's my concern.

vinod chinthakindi

@vinod chinthakindi,

I would try removing the skill​ from System -> Skills -> Management. After that, verify that the Web API Service definition was removed from System -> Objects -> Web API Services. Then I would reimport the .bpskill file and see if that clears things up.

6608.png
Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric, Ironic thing is 1) I don't see SharePoint List Library as Skill in BP7.1.1 to delete. and 2)If I delete skill in BP6.4.1, processes are telling  that the skill/object is missing.

I don't have actual default skill file for SharePoint List Library. I was just exporting skill from BP6.4.1.1 to BP7.1.1

vinod chinthakindi

@vinod chinthakindi,

That is very strange. I just tried importing an archived version of the .bpskill into my v7.1.1 environment and both it and the associated Web API Service show up just fine. I've attached the archived version if you want to try with it.

​Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Cool, Now its showing as Skill in BP7.1.1. Thanks for sharing the File.
But Interesting thing is, the skill you shared has only 9 actions. And the skill which I am using has 21 actions (may be created by my Organization previous developers internally).

And I still can't figure this out why my existing skill is considering as web service instead of skill on BP7.1.1. I will do some work around, and update you if I find any solution.

Thanks again for sharing the Skill File.

vinod chinthakindi

Hello Ryan,

Would you mind sharing where I could find this? I'm particularly interested in the action of adding attachments to list items in sharepoint

Ines Ibnukhsein

Hello,

VBO is no longer available due to updates. Check out this other more updated and functional VBO:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/microsoft-graph-api---sharepoint?_gl=1*cjdb7p*_ga*MTUyNzQ4MjIxNi4xNzAyNDkwNzA3*_ga_MFBQ2KFZ1L*MTcwODkxMDk3Ny4xODAuMS4xNz A4OTE4NzE2LjkuMC4w

Regards,

Leonardo Soares
RPA Developer Tech Leader
América/Brazil
Leonardo Soares RPA Developer América/Brazil