cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack Skill

acatalano
Level 4
Hello, anyone is using slack to run process ?

Hola, ¿alguien está usando slack para ejecutar procesos?

------------------------------
Agustin Rodolfo Catalano
Computing Engineering
Santander Argentina
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Ah, I see. There are a few ways that you can kickoff Blue Prism processes other than using Control Room. 

1. Expose a specific process as a SOAP web service.
  2. Use the Process Dispatch Framework (available on the DX).
  3. Use the AutomateC.exe utility that comes with Blue Prism.
  4. Use the direct HTTP communication channel with specific runtime resources.
There's a guide on the DX Developer Portal that discusses some of these options at a high-level and points to more detailed collateral on the Blue Prism portal.

Blue Prism Integration Overview

You can find more information about the Process Dispatch Framework here: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/process-dispatch-framework

If you're interested in direct HTTP communication with specific runtime resources you can check the Help files in Blue Prism. Just search for "Resource PC Commands" and "ResourcePC HTTP Interface".

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Agustin,

I've used the Slack skill a bit, primarily demos. Did you have a specific question about it?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Eric,

I use it to send messages from BP to Slack. But I want to run a process. Instead of use control room, i want to use slack to run process

Agustin Rodolfo Catalano
Computing Engineering
Santander Argentina
America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires

Ah, I see. There are a few ways that you can kickoff Blue Prism processes other than using Control Room. 

1. Expose a specific process as a SOAP web service.
  2. Use the Process Dispatch Framework (available on the DX).
  3. Use the AutomateC.exe utility that comes with Blue Prism.
  4. Use the direct HTTP communication channel with specific runtime resources.
There's a guide on the DX Developer Portal that discusses some of these options at a high-level and points to more detailed collateral on the Blue Prism portal.

Blue Prism Integration Overview

You can find more information about the Process Dispatch Framework here: https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/process-dispatch-framework

If you're interested in direct HTTP communication with specific runtime resources you can check the Help files in Blue Prism. Just search for "Resource PC Commands" and "ResourcePC HTTP Interface".

Cheers

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hello, I'm trying to use an action post message, but this message below is returned in the Response Content, can you tell me how to pass the correct parameters? {"ok":false,"error":"invalid_auth","warning":"missing_charset","response_metadata":{"warnings":["missing_charset"]}}

Jaqueline Santos

Hello Eric,
We are an Rpa factory and we are starting to include the Slack API in our processes, but I have doubts about the parameters. Could you tell which Output parameters I should use in the "Post Message" action?

Jaqueline Santos

Hi Jaqueline,

Your error message is indicating a problem with authentication. Slack describes the reason for invalid auth as:
Some aspect of authentication cannot be validated. Either the provided token is invalid or the request originates from an IP address disallowed from making the request.
chat.PostMessage Errors | Slack

The first thing to check is that you have created a credential in Blue Prism (System > Security > Credentials) that is set to the Bearer Token type and contains your Slack token value. The Access Rights also need to be set here for the users/processes/resources to read this credential.
5983.png

Then, in the Input Parameters for the Post Message action, make sure you supply the name of that credential. This way, the Post Message action will include the correct Slack token for the API call.
5984.png

Charlie Kovacs
Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, USA
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

Muito obrigada Charles, quanto a conexão deu certo sua sugestão.
Você poderia me dar mais informações sobre a action Upload file da skill slack, gostaria de saber como tem que ser os parâmetros da collection que recebe o arquivo binário.

Jaqueline Santos

Hi Jaqueline,

Here is an example of the Upload File action.

1. Create a Collection and add four fields: File (Binary), File Name (Text), Content Type (Text), Field Name (Text)
5991.png

2. On the Initial Values tab, create a row. This row will contain the file you wish to upload to Slack and should be set up like this:
  • The File field is where you click "Import" and select the file you want to upload to Slack.
  • The File Name field is where you enter the exact name of the file you selected, in my case I selected an image from my computer titled image.PNG
  • The Content Type field must be set to application/octet-stream
  • Field Name must be set to file
5992.png

3. Add a second row to this collection which will contain information about which channel/conversation the file in Row 1 should be uploaded to in Slack. To achieve this, first you will need to create a new text file on your computer. This text file will contain the ID of the conversation you want to send the file to.
  • In my case, I opened Notepad and created a new text file titled conversation.txt on my Desktop.
  • I entered the ID of the Slack conversation where I want to upload my image file. (If you don't know the conversation/channel ID, you can use the "List Conversations" action to get a list of current Conversation IDs)
  • You may add several Conversation IDs in this file, separated by commas. In my example, I just have one Conversation ID.
  • 5993.png
4. Back in the Collection, in your second row, click the "Import" button and select the .txt file you created in the previous step.
  • Leave File Name and Content Type blank
  • Set Field Name to channels
5994.png

Your collection should look like the image above - Row 1 has the file to upload, Row 2 has the file identifying the Slack conversation to upload the file.
5. In the Input Parameters for the Upload File action, set the Files input parameter to the Collection you have created. And set the Token credential name as well.
5995.png

I just tested the above steps and it was successful for me.

Charlie Kovacs
Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, USA
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

Perfeito Charles, funcionou perfeitamente!!!
O que ocorria é que eu colocava o cotent type especifico e o Field Name eu estava colocando o ID do canal e não a palavra "channels"
Se eu usar a action Calc (para carregar o arquivo binary) antes da action Upload File, como faço com o campo Field name da Current value? Ele não preenche sozinho para que os parâmetros fiquem OK para a action Upload file executar com sucesso.

Jaqueline Santos