cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run a scheduled task. Session error occurring

AndrewMullin1
Level 3
Hi all,

As the title says I cannot run a scheduled task. The error I get when viewing the failed task in Reports->Recent Activity is: 
"Task: New Schedule - New Task - Session creation failed on resource 'XXX': Failed to create session on XXX- The requested operation is not permitted, because the license currently in use does not permit it.The maximum number of concurre"

My license is Enterprise, valid for 1 session.
I have ensured there are no Pending, Running or Stopping sessions in Session Management. In Session Management my filters are set to All.
Scheduling is enabled under System->Scheduler.
As a last resort I have restarted my app server to no avail.

In Session Management I can drag processes to manually run and then start them without fail.

I have the same license installed on a second app server (freshly setup) that I plan to start using as the Production server once I have finalised testing on the current app server. The Prod app server has not been touched beyond initial installation. I doubt it is the cause of the problem, but I mention it here to give you the full picture.

I am running V6.10.1.

Any help will be much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

expertcr
Staff
Staff
My recommendation is to contact our support team at support@blueprism.com to review your license type and see the reason for the issue.

For the moment, we have the following KB Articles that can give you some inside how licenses work in our product:

EVIPUTI
MVP
I suggest its worth removing the license from prod server and give it a test and if you can share the result .
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

klausfelix
Level 2
First Motion Products offers an unmatched inventory of commercial truck part products. Our strength is the ability to service “truck down” and rush shipments. We can fill those requests for the everyday parts or hard-to-find parts. We specialize in Flywheels, Flywheel Ring Gears, Flywheel Housings, Oil Pans, and Clutch Accessories for truck applications. Located in Bourbon, MO.