cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click is not working

AyanShahid
Level 2

I was facing this issue while when i try to add click on a "send button" in UI. 

Internal : Failed to perform step 3 in Navigate Stage 'Press Send' on page 'Post Message' - JavaScript was found in the element's href attribute, which could result in an error. For more information, see the Blue Prism Knowledge Base:Support Center | Blue Prism Portal

------------------------------
Ayan Shahid
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

Where a Press Button or Click action does not work you will need to use a Global Mouse Click Centre.

Hi Denis, I have done the same as you said to used Global Mouse Click Centre but the button i wanted to press(click) is still not working.

Ayan Shahid

Hi Ayan Shahid,

Option1: Did you get chance to focus before trying Global Mouse click center?

I would try  option1 then explore other options
Options2:  Try to Focus and Use Parent Element in App Modeller  with Global send keys/Key strokes "Enter"
Option3: Focus+Global send key events (App Modeller> Parent Element) with Key storkes "Enter".

It looks like you have used Action: Press you can also  try  focus+Click as well.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish, I was trying Foucs+Click but it was not working because the button i was trying to click has an javascript element in his href and this the issue i am facing. I had also tried the options you provided but those also didn't work. 

This is the screenshot of the error i am facing.

917.png

Ayan Shahid

Global Mouse Click Centre will always work if the button is enabled. 
What is important, like Ayan said, is that the element is focused (otherwise the click event will not be clicking on the button).  You do not to use a focus action,  you just need to use the Activate action on the window the button is in to ensure it is available and the foremost window,  ensure the button can be seen on the screen (if it is off screen it will not work,  you will need to scroll to it).
Also stepping through in debugger might not work with testing your global click,  the very action of your studio session getting back focus between steps can impact your interaction with the app screen - better to a breakpoint within your flow and run to it.
Finally,  you could put some loop logic in to try sending the click a few times - so global click centre; wait 2 seconds for outcome; try again if less than third attempt.

If you have not done the Surface Automation training I strongly recommend it.  There will always be stuff like this somewhere in the automations you build and the SA training is mandatory if you want to be a Blue Prism developer.

Good luck