Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Outlook

JaquelineSantos
Level 4
I have the following case to solve:
 1 Extract multiple attachments from an email history,
2 Get the entire body of the email containing images. I would like to know if it is possible?

------------------------------
Jaqueline Santos
1 REPLY 1

Hi Jaqueline,

You can use the MS Outlook VBO. You can refer to the following DX Exchange asset : MS Outlook VBO

In order to use it first you need to use the 'Get Received Items (Basic)' action and there you can provide some filter options such as Sender name, Sender email or Subject etc. Based on that it will return you a collection in which you will get fields such as EntryID, To, CC, Subject, Body. Attachments (This is just the file name), Received On Date, Sent On Date, Sender Name, Sender Email Address and Unread Status.

The collection output that you got will return you the body and now to retrieve all the attachments including the images embedded in the body you can loop over the collection get the Entry ID for each email from the EntryID field of the collection and use the action 'Save Attachments' where you need to pass the Entry ID of the email from where the attachments need to be retrieved and the folder path where the attachments need to be saved (This you can set as an environment variable or take from your process and send as an input parameter to this action).

Let us know if it helps out

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------