cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Last Modified File-Code not working

KarthikBallary
Level 5
Hi

I need to get last modified file from directory. I using code block to write linq query.

I am getting compile error that System.Linq nampespace not available.

------------------------------
Karthik Ballary
4 REPLIES 4

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
You'll want to add a namespace reference in the global code tab for System.Linq, and you may need to include System.Linq.dll in the external references. Also, if you're using C#, I'd include System.Core.dll in the external references as well.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

Hi, Karthik,

you may check the result of Get Files action from Utility - File Management VBO. Return collection gives you list of files with plenty of attributes and two of them are Last Access and Last Written which could be used for your purposes. Instead of writing your own code I strongly recommend to use standard VBO even though sometimes there is no other way than writing your own code :).

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

arghya.b
Level 5
Hi,

You need to add System.Linq.dll and the System.Linq namespace reference in global code area.

Arghya Bhattacharyya
RPA Developer
Asia/Kolkata

EVIPUTI
MVP
Hey i was facing the same issue few months back , sharing the video which helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkdplyYxH9k.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------