cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MailMerge from a collection to a Word document

MadalinaAcsinte
Level 3
Hello everyone,

I want to get the info from a collection and introduce it through MailMerge in a Word document in the background.

Anyone knows how should I do that?

I don't want to connect the document to an Excel or database because I have already the data needed in a collection and I want to use it from there.

Thanks a lot,

------------------------------
Madalina Acsinte
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @MitchellBroudy,

The revised VBO is attached to one of my replies further up in this discussion. Feel free to give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Eric

Thanks for reaching out.
I cannot figure how to import the vbo from the comment.

I only see code.

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Mitch

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021, 5:03 PM Eric Wilson via Blue Prism Community <Mail@blueprism.email> wrote:
Hi @Mitchell Broudy, The revised VBO is attached to one of my replies further up in this discussion. Feel free to give it a try and see if it... -posted to the "Getting Started" community
1228.png

Getting Started

Post New Message Online
Re: MailMerge from a collection to a Word document
Reply to Group Online Reply to Group
Eric Wilson
Apr 21, 2021 10:01 PM
Eric Wilson
Hi @Mitchell Broudy,

The revised VBO is attached to one of my replies further up in this discussion. Feel free to give it a try and see if it meets your needs.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism
  Reply to Group Online   Reply to Group via Email   View Thread   Recommend   Flag as Inappropriate  

@MitchellBroudy,

The VBO is actually attached to a different comment of mine in the discussion. I believe it's the #7 comment. On the footer of the comment you'll see a link to the uploaded VBO. Just right-click on the link and select "Save Link As...". Then save the .xml file to your machine. From there you should be able to import it into Blue Prism.

1229.png
​​
Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Eric:

Thank you so much. I will provide you feedback in the next few days and let you know how it goes.  

Yours truly,

Mitch

Mitchell D. Broudy
Sr. Assistant Attorney General
Eastern Virginia Regional Legal Division
Division of Child Support Enforcement
420 North Center Drive
Bldg. 11, Suite 224  
Norfolk, VA  23502

Office -757-985-3207; fax number –804-819-7121
For immediate assistance contact my legal assistant – Linda Letoureau at 757-985-3213

The information in this email and any attachments may be confidential and privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. 

Six Steps to Stop the Spread image

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 5:03 PM Eric Wilson via Blue Prism Community <Mail@blueprism.email> wrote:
Hi @Mitchell Broudy, The revised VBO is attached to one of my replies further up in this discussion. Feel free to give it a try and see if it... -posted to the "Getting Started" community
1235.png

Getting Started

Post New Message Online
Re: MailMerge from a collection to a Word document
Reply to Group Online Reply to Group
Eric Wilson
Apr 21, 2021 10:01 PM
Eric Wilson
Hi @Mitchell Broudy,

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism
  Reply to Group Online   Reply to Group via Email   View Thread   Recommend   Flag as Inappropriate  

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@MitchellBroudy identified an issue with the previous Word VBO I posted, so here's an update that accounts for situations where the Preserve formatting during updates flag is not selected, within Word, when defining the MergeField.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Eric was awesome.   He showed me the path to success with my project. Lessons Learned - I typically create an excel file with column headers to use as the mail merge field names in the word document.  In fact, Microsoft has a built in mechanism to assist; however, this process created multiple problems (Errors). Eric pointed to Field Tab to create merge field names. This Tab can you put on Microsoft word Ribbon. Again, the field tab creates the merge field names. You can still add switches without creating errors. 

When a mergefield is blank the field name populates on the document. To overcome this problem, I built in logic to put a space " " where the merge fields were blank. Thanks again Eric.

Mitchell Broudy