cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes Question

MorganStrong
Level 2
Hello - Apologies if this question doesn't belong here, but I am new to BP and have seen demos of either Object/Process Studio where certain stages are grouped and highlighted in certain colors. I'm assuming this is a best practice to color coordinate pieces of the flow. I'm looking to add something similar, but can't find out how to do this. Is this done through notes? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

AmiBarrett
Level 12
You can change the text color by selecting stages, then using the color tool at the top of the window. You should be able to do the same to a Block, if you want a colored background.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
People often use blocks a 'containers' for data items, as a way to visually organise a diagram. This isn't really what blocks are for, it's just a happy accident that you can use them as coloured backgrounds. However it's Best Practise to not use 'decorative blocks' within the flow of the diagram. Blocks on the side used just for data items are inert and harmless, but when a block is part of a flow it is active and the potentially risks that exception handling does not work as the developer intended.