cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA elements Not Allowing Certain Actions

DermotDonnelly
Level 2
Hi we have an in-house app which we can spy all elements in AA mode , however we are unable to write anything to these elements or pick items from drop-downs ie when we try and write to an aa modeled element we get the message "Member not found" and when trying to select from a drop down we get the message "Failed to identify the combo box's inner list" , this is generally happening across the application , wondering if there is a setting we are missing or something ? we can do other interactions ie click and then global send keys so its not a killer but if we could use AA , the app would be more efficient we are currently using 4.35 screen shot attached of a sample text box's element mask
3 REPLIES 3

MichaelFu
Level 4
I have met the same issue ""Failed to identify the combo box's inner list"" when I use AA mode,did you find any solution?

SwaroopM
Level 2
Hi I too met with the same issue for dropdown and while focusing an element that has spied by AA Mode, it threw me an error saying ""command AAFocus gave invalid result"". Any element that has spied by AA Mode gives the same error when we try to focus the element. Pls anyone give a solution for this issue? Thanks in advance

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Firstly, if you have not read the Guide to Accessibility Mode document in the learning area of the portal I can recommend it. Some actions will not work in Accessibility mode, not because of how the interface has been implemented, but because of how the appliction you are interfacing with has been built. For example, the focus event only works in some applications where that function is relevent. Usually your answer is to implement some global keystrokes and/or clicks to interact with the element you wish to use. Combo boxes especially have a tendancy to wait for a specific user event such as global keystrokes.