cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZURE Virtual Machine - Map Sharepoint as Drive

MateuszWojcik
Level 5
Hi All,

I try to map my SharePoint folder as disc on Azure Virtual Machine.
I can do it on my computer and on Citrix Virtual Machine.
I am unable to do it on Azure Virtual Machine, both manually and by BOT.

Error Message: "Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with you network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose"

My IT department says that it is impossible to map SharePoint as disc on AZURE Virtual Machine.

Do you have similar situation?
Are you able to map SharePoint on AZURE Virtual Machine?

Thank you for your help.

------------------------------
Mateusz Wojcik
RPA Programist
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw
3 REPLIES 3

mohammed.ali
Staff
Staff
Hi Mateusz,

Your IT department may be correct regarding this.  It could be a limitation in your company's network infrastructure or a feature that MSFT doesn't allow (I'm not sure).  Below was the only guidance I was able to find on the Internet.  Take a look and see if that helps. 

https://serverfault.com/questions/913466/is-it-possible-to-map-an-o365-sharepoint-folder-as-a-drive-on-a-vm-for-all-user

If this is a limitation/restriction for your company, then you may not have an option, but continue working with your IT Team on it.  

Thanks,

Mohammed Ali
Head of Customer Support (Americas)
Blue Prism
Austin TX

SteveWaters
Staff
Staff
Mateusz;

Here is a link that might help.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/e23f1bdc-ceb8-42b8-8196-e34f91e71523/map-network-drive-feature-not-working-on-azure-vm?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows

As Mohammad said part of the issue could be settings in your environment.  I would make sure the sharepoint site is in the IE Trusted Sites.  That creates havoc. 

Some companies restrict these capabilities to control Data Loss (DLP).  It would be worth checking to see if these policies are in play. 

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

Hi

Thank you for your help.

It was incorrect setting in environment. They changed it and now we can map Sharepoint disc as folder.

Mateusz Wojcik
RPA Programist
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw