cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Accessibility Stopped Working

SruthiJayasimha
Level 3
Hi, We have upgraded Blue Prism 4.2 to 5.0 recently. After this, 'Active Accessibility' is not functioning properly for web-based applications. For example, spying the search box (Enter Security Name / Code / ID) in "http://www.bseindia.com/". Only HTML mode is able to recognise such elements now. Intention of using AA mode in this example is to make use of 'Global send keys" action. With HTML mode, 'Global send keys" action is not available. Although the desired functionality is achieved through 'focus' etc, wondering what went wrong with 'Active Accessibility' after 5.0 upgrade. (Internet Explorer version is 9.0.8112.16421.) Please advise if any ideas/solutions.
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I have not come accross any issues with previously identified elements after an upgrdade to v5. Previously identified elements should still work. Could you describe in more detail exactly what your flow did that does not work in v5? If an element no longer works in v5 please re-identify it in a new element in Application Modeller and compare the values returned previously to the values returned now. Have any of the values for ticked attributes changed in some way?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Also... ensure you are following the advice given in the Accessibility Mode guide which gives advice on the best attributes to select.

Thanks Denis. In existing workflow, a Search box in the web-application was spied using AA mode. And, 'Global send keys"" action was used in Navigate stage for sending search data. In 5.0, unable to spy the Search box using Accessibility mode at all. But able to spy using HTML mode. Document with screenshots is attached to original query. Screenshots of spying the element using different modes are images 1, 2 & 3. 4th screenshot is of re-identified element. 5th is the same in AA spied in 4.2 version (No changes made to this after 5.0 upgrade; but no longer working). We tried spying different elements in multiple web-applications from different machines. In all cases, only HTML mode worked properly and not Accessibility mode.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I suggest you revisit the lessons in the Accessibility mode guide in the learning area of the portal. My main advice would be to untick as many attributes as possible (the more you leave ticked the more a change to the app is likely to impact your interface), do not use any changable attributes which hold numeric Id's or URLs etc, and use Match Index for better speed performance. Beyond that, i think you need to discuss the specifics of your issue with your Blue Prism Delivery Enablement Manager or Trusted Advisor.

Thanks Denis for the suggestions. I have already tried as per Accessibility mode guide but still no luck. I will contact Blue Prism.

Hi Sruthiaj, We are currently in the process of upgrading Blue Prism from v4.2 to the latest version. Can you please provide some information on the issue which have been facing with AA mode, post upgrade. Since we will soon be in the same boat, just trying to understand what might have went wrong for such issue to happen. Also, please share any additional information in terms of the spying in other modes, or if any issues with SAP applications, if you were targeting any. Would like to hear from you on database upgrade as well. Were there any hiccups there. Thanks. Kind Regards, Sameer Goel