cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object error

MantasPadimansk
Level 4
Hello, recently I have encountered a problem where my business objects loose connection with the process and fails to identify elements or attaches fail at the begining or navigate stage fails later on. I have implemented retry logic and after couple of retries and relaunches of Internet explorer specific stages give in and process continues, but later on it fails again and retries starts over and fails (terminates the process) or succeeds, but still fails. Object run mode is set to 'Background'. All objects attached right after Internet explorer is launched with default page. On both control room and process studio, also in test environment same things occur. A little and funny example is when process ran specific stage, it failed, I tried stepping over, it failed, stepped over after 18 minutes and everything was fine. (Screenshot in the attachment)
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
For IE - my only recommendations is ensuring the TabProcGrowth registry setting is used and if you are using IE11 and getting disconnection errors use BP Version 5.0.18 or higher. Beyond that, maybe reach out to the product support team for help with this - and let us know what their answer is! Den

MantasPadimansk
Level 4
TabProcGrowth does not help much, because then some of the java applets fails to work correctly on IE v11. Also the version is 5.0.23 that we're using. But I guess there is no way to ensure stability of the software.