cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Accessibility - what excatly has been fixed in version 5.0.18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi We have been experiencing some pretty debilitating problems with AA-mode in our production environment. AA will suddenly stop working(AA-objects are not recognized). When we then try to spy an object in AA-mode on the machine that failed, the entire Blue Prism process(Automate.exe) will just crash(stops responding, and is terminated by windows). So far we have been unable to identify that goes wrong. But after the problem occurs once, AA will permanently stop working on that machine. So far we have solved the problem by simply moving the process to a different resource pc, and it will work for a while, until AA stops working on that machine too, and we have to move it again. 1. Does anyone else have these problems? 2. I saw in a release letter that some issues related to AA have been fixed in version 5.0.18. Can anyone tell me exactly what these issues are, and whether an upgrade would be worthwhile(as far solving this particular problem goes). We are currently on version 4.2.47.0 32-bit running on 64-bit machines. Any input is much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Indika - can I suggest you raise a ticket with support@blueprism.com, this forum isn't the best place to resolve issues like this. I've never known AA to 'stop working' as you describe, but your observation of 'it works for a while' suggests a memory leak that eventually brings BP to a halt. I may be wrong, but if you contact Support they will help you diagnose the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John - Sure, I might do that. Since you seem to think, that this problem is specific to our environment, I can see why you think it is inappropriate to raise the issue on the forum. I beg your pardon. However, I find it very unlikely that this has to do with a memory leak. It's not the process that ""works for a while"", it is AA spy mode on that particular machine. It stops working even after rebooting the machine. I am of course looking for a cause inside our environment, since nobody else seems to have this problem. Thank you for responding

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Indika - it does sound very odd. If you can work out how to replicate the effect then let our support guys know so they can give you advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to fix this issue by registering oleacc.dll. Running the following in a commandline on the affected machine fixes the problem: regsvr32.exe oleacc.dll