cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Integration

shahariar_k_bhu
Level 5
So I'm trying to set up this simple infrastructure, consisting of a SQL database, BP server, resource PC, and a development PC. I'd like to add the possibility for single sign-on development PC users and resource PCes, so they can use their WIndows log in credentials to access the Blue Prism Server. The goal is to set up various security groups, and assign users to those groups. I came across the "Security users" tab in Blue Prism, where you can create users and manage user roles. Very simple. However, this does not provide single sign-on. Furthermore, I'm not sure how to integrate Blue Prism with Active Directory Domain Services. I've seen the pictures/guide under Product Documentation, and it seems like Blue Prism - First of all, is it something I can do on Windows 10, or do I have to use Windows Server to set access Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)? - When I get access to ADDS, will Blue Prism already be integrated, or do I have to add Blue Prism there manually? - I guess if Blue Prism is found as in the documentation, I can add those security groups by right clicking? - When a group is created, how do I configure and map Blue Prism roles with their corresponding AD Security group (i can do it with BP users, but not single sign-on users/groups)
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Please refer to the 'Active Directory Configuration' section in the installation guide.

mathieu_belin
Level 2
Database has to be created using the Windows authentication mode and not the Native BluePrism authentication mode. If you didn't select the option during the creation of the database, you will not be able to link AD Groups to BP Roles.