cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO Read Values From Command Prompt Screen

PrateekMehan
Level 6
i have to read some values from command prompt using BP 4.2.35 version , have tried various techniques but not able to do so. Not able to find a font for the cmd as well. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Prateek
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You could just use the start process command in the utility environment object, and either pipe the output of your command into a text file (include something like > text.txt in your command) - then open and read that file using file management or string utility actions., or you could try to create a new version of the start process action that returns an output.

PrateekMehan
Level 6
Hi Denis, I have done my work through piping the output of cmd to text, but was just wondering even after recognizing the font and color it becomes a pain to read values from cmd.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You should not need to interface with the cmd prompt at all, just use the start process action in the utility environment object. If you were interfacing with something like the cmd prompt via the GUI I would recommend using clipgoard keystrokes (to select all and copy - then use the GetClipboard() function in a calculation stage) rather than font recognition.