cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active accessibility mode not working in google chrome

BalajiTK
Level 2
We are using Blueprism v6.4. AA mode spying does not seem to work in google chrome. We tried –force-renderer-accessibility but that also doesn't work. Let us know if you have any solutions.
29 REPLIES 29

ArtemRatkevich
Level 2
Hi, Balaji! You can create a business object in window application mode. After that run chrome with the parameter --force-renderer-accessibility.  AA mode will be available.  You can also copy spying element from object in AA mode and paste it into object with browser mode.

AmiBarrett
Level 12
It's possible that Blue Prism attached to an incorrect instance of Chrome. Make sure you also launch it with –process-per-site . As long as you only have one tab open, this should keep it to one process.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

Append the start page URL with the --forcerenderer-accessibility parameter to open the browsers in accessibility mode.
When launched using this parameter, the UIA spy mode can be used to model and interact with Chrome.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------
Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

@AmiBarrett - I am also facing same issue, BP doesn't show up accessibility mode, We have just one tab open. I also referred chrome automation guide where it has some details on --force-renderer-accessibility. https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.9%20User%20Guide%20-%20Native%20Chrome%2C%20Edge%2C%20and%20Firefox%20Integration_2.pdf. However this option is mentioned only for UIA mode.

Kindly suggest if accessibility mode works with Chrome?

When working with IE, it shows 5 modes (HTML, Window, UI, Accessibility, Region) but with chrome only 4 modes (HTML, Window, UI, Region)

Mayank Goyal

I just verified that I was able to get AA mode working in Chrome, but only using a Win32 model, and not as a Chrome/Browser Application model.

25360.png

Ami Barrett
Automation Developer, Team Lead
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

@AmiBarrett - Thanks for your response. So is this some kind of defect? I am trying to understand the expected functionality, Is BP designed to provide only 4 modes with Chrome browser and 5 with IE? ​

Mayank Goyal

I have no official answer to that, but my purely hypothetical guess, is that this was as-intended due to Accessibility not being enabled by default in Chrome.

Ami Barrett
Automation Developer, Team Lead
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

@AmiBarrett - In this link also - https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/Chrome/1301422882/Why-am-I-unable-to-spy-elements-under-Browser-Spy-Mode-with-Chrome.htm it says other spy modes but doesn't specifically mention which all spy modes​

Is there a way you can check this with your engineering team and help with a confirmed answer.

Mayank Goyal

@AmiBarrett - It seems I got the answer, its officially not supported -
https://help.blueprism.com/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/Chrome/1201264262/Why-is-there-no-Accessibility-Mode-when-using-Browser-based-Chrome-in-Application-Modeller.htm ​

Mayank Goyal