cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add case identifier column to process logs and search through collection of process logs

Anonymous
Not applicable
As all developers know, going through Blue Prism logs to investigate what happened in your process is time consuming.  Furthermore, RPA generated logs prove to be valuable for Process Mining (PM) purposes. Except that Blue Prism doesn't create event logs as the unique identifier, the case is missing from the logs. Trying to check business process conformance with PM tools currently requires quite an amount of post-processing of logs. For the reasons above, I propose to add a new column to Blue Prism logs: the case identifier. Practically, a Blue Prism internal function could make it work. Additionally, being able to search through all processes instead of only one process would prove very helpful as well. Complex situations require cases to be treated in mutliple processes, and sometimes we just run the process mutliple times while developing & testing..
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
If you know you will want to search logs for case identifiers then make sure the identifier is logged, and if necessary, record 'breadcrumbs' in the logs. Then use the search in the Log Viewer. To search multiple logs, go to System > Audit > Process logs.

PascalWeber
Level 3

​Hi Jonas,

I am having the same issue at the moment. You are mentioning some post processing steps you have to perform. Can you tell me, what these steps are?

One idea I had would be to join the BPASessionLog_NonUnicode table and the BPAWorkQueuItem via the startdatetime of the log and the finished and started time of the queue item. But unfortunately, the time zones (maybe due to summer / winter time?) of the two tables don't seem to match!

So I'm open for other suggestions /more simple approaches.

------------------------------
Pascal Weber
Consultant
Ernst & Young GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
Europe/Berlin
------------------------------