cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach issue with Windows based Application

DebashisGhosh1
Level 4

Hi Expart,

I am working in a windows based legacy application. Where after clicking one button one seperate window pop up (This pop up has different process id) which we need to attach for further activities is coming up. I attached that pop up too with corresponding win title, process name, process id. All working fine from my local dev system control room as well. But when I am running in another VDI with unattended mode, it's failing to attach the pop up. I checked the log - even the process id is coming as 0. In the attach stage I even tried changing the Child Index as 0 & 1. But it's not working.

What can be the possible solution you think 🤔🤔🤔.

It would be great help and I thank you for your help in advance.

------------------------------
Debashis Ghosh

Debashis Ghosh
1 REPLY 1

diane.sanzone
Level 7

Hi Debashis,

I assume you're using the Utility-Environment "Read Memory Stats" action?  I've noticed that the process ID of 0 is usually the "idle" process that is returned when you use that. Typically it's the last thing in the output collection, but perhaps for some reason it's the first item when you run it in unattended mode.  Can you check your collection results and see if an additional item is being returned?  If so, add a loop to go through the collection and as the first stage in the loop, use a decision stage to check if [Process Statistics.PID]=0 and bypass to the loop end if it is.  I have something similar developed so if you need a screenshot I can provide.

I hope this helps!

Diane Sanzone