cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachement to Java Application fails

DominiqueTarel
Level 3
Hello,

I'm using BP 6.10 on W10 64 bit with jre1.8.0_281.
Java Acces Bridge is enabled and is working (Tested with JavaFerret-64 and JavaMonkey-64).
I started "Blue Prism Java Automation Training Exercise".

When trying to attach to BP Hotels Java application, the following error is displayed:
Error - Failed to launch application - Could not initialise Java Access Bridge support - Failed to load Java Access Bridge DLL. The file could not be found in any of the following expected locations -
Application Directory: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll
Current Directory: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll

There is no WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll on my machine.
I found C:\Windows\System32\WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll

Why would BP search for a 32 bit DLL?
I found very few topics about this error. And would solve my problem. One states to install Blue Prism Java Access Bridge 1.0.3 which I didn't try. Why install such an old file?

Thanks in advance for your help

------------------------------
Dominique Tarel
Consultant
Atos
Europe/Paris
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @DominiqueTarel,

According to the Portal, Blue Prism​ Java Access Bridge Installer 1.0.3 is the latest installer for the Blue Prism JAB components. It will actually install v2.0.4 of the Java Access Bridge. Included in that installer is the WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Launching Blue Prism​ Java Access Bridge Installer 1.0.3 didn't change anything.

I found and copied WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll into C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automateto make it work.

Eventually BP should not use a 32 bit DLL on a 64 bit system.

Dominique Tarel
Consultant
Atos
Europe/Paris