cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate.exe

DhirenPatel
Level 3
Hi all,   I have been having this issue for a while and its really bugging me, I'm hoping somebody has had this issue and knows how to address it! When BP has been running on a VM, Automate.exe takes up over 150,00k memory thus resulting in slow running of processes on that VM, in order to address this I have been manually killing Automate.exe and restarting resource pc after doing this the VM runs as expected. Just wondering if there's any way to create a process to run in the Control Room to kill and restart BP?   Thanks in advanced  
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Might be worth turning on memory logging to try and see what is causing the build up - could be that you can cure the problem with a better process design. BP can't restart itself, but you could use Login Agent to log out and back into Windows. Then if you had the resource PC shortcut in the Startup folder you'd get a new resource pc after logging in. In theory you could have a process that starts a 2nd resource pc (on another port), then run another process on that to kill the original resource pc, then run a 3rd process to kill the 2nd resource pc. But even writing that down is messy!

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I agree with John.  But I would also say that 150,000k is not a large amount of memory for an application running in 2018, are your virtual desktops spec'd high enough (they should be similar to the spec of a manual users desktop).

DhirenPatel
Level 3
@John__Carter - I'll have a look into the Login Agent, I think going down the resource PC route will be a bit of a nightmare and complicate things! @Denis__Dennehy - I belive its got to be down to the VM, I agree that 150,000k isn't a large amount. I do not have control over our VM's. We are currently migrating to V5, I'm hoping our new VM's will have a higher spec than out current VM's