cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: Access Denied

LeviHenderson
Level 2
Hi,

I'm trying to run an automation and we have 2 identical VDIs to run them on (ideally identical but 1 is not working... trying to figure out why).  When running the automation on "Machine 1" it works no problems and goes through all the stages to completion.  When running on "Machine 2" when launching the application it terminates with the error (ERROR: Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Access is Denied).  Oddly enough, using RDP, if I log in as the user running the automation and watch it the process also completes no problem.  So it seems to be only an issue when running using login agent (which completes successfully) and then kicking off the process.

Things I've checked:
-In system/credentials tab the credentials are setup and the Access rights are setup to run on that resource
-Login agent works fine
-Exact same process followed on "Machine 1" and it works
-Done some comparison of the 2 machines and they appear to have same software/version/etc. on them.

------------------------------
Levi Henderson
Sr. Systems Analyst
Xcel Energy
America/Denver
6 REPLIES 6

DaveMorris
Level 14
Do you know what code stage it is hitting that error on?

Edit: I just realized you said it's when launching the app. Hmm...

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

DaveMorris
Level 14
Have you looked at this Support article? http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1169167262

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Hey David,

Yeah, I had not looked at that yet; however, went through the suggestions and am not sure that they relate directly to what I'm experiencing... 
-The windows account does NOT have full admin rights, but it also has the exact same rights on the working VDI
-I am running Blue Prism as a local admin so that likely isn't issue (launched process same way on both machines)
-I can get it to run if I am logged into RDP as the "user" running the automation and watch the bot do the work.
-The one thing that I need to do some digging on is the GPO as 1 machine is sitting in a different data center.  It could be there is a difference.

Levi Henderson
Sr. Systems Analyst
Xcel Energy
America/Denver

When you RDP'd into the machine and watched it run, was the Runtime Resource running as a public or a private resource? Like, did you open Blue Prism and run it from Control Room on that machine or did you simply RDP in and kick it off the same as before using Scheduler or however you started it before?

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

I logged into Blue Prism using an interactive client (as admin), and then did RDP into the runtime resource as the user that would normally run the automation.  From the interactive client machine, I ran the job from the control room as I normally would if i were not logged into the runtime resource.

Levi Henderson
Sr. Systems Analyst
Xcel Energy
America/Denver