cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 7.3.1 process in task manager

Neel1
MVP

in Blue prism 7.3.1 - I am seeing  below information in task manager..

Neel1_0-1726239975783.png

while in 7.0.0 - below information is showing.

Neel1_1-1726240014619.png

What does the extra information depict in 7.3.1.

Both snapshot were taken when only Blue prism is opened. No process, object etc is opened.

#blueprism7.3.1

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

@Neel1 We can confirm the 'BluePrismUI.exe' sub-processes in the Task Manager are responsible for running the Enhanced Application Modeler and Smart Vision Editor, features which were both introduced in v7.3.0. These sub-processes start up upon login and run for the duration of the session, and will run in the background whether using the Studio/Enhanced AppModeler or not.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

Good question -- we're seeing the same in our environments. At first I thought it could be a difference between 32-bit v7.0.0 and 7.3.1 being 64-bit, but the Task Manager shows the same singular process with v7.2.1 64-bit.

I've asked our Product team for an explanation here since there's nothing about this in the current version of the 7.3.x Release Notes. I'll post back here when I have more information for you.

I  verified in learning edition. I can only see  one instance in version 7.3.1 64 bit

harishmogulluri_2-1726252380119.png

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

@Neel1 We can confirm the 'BluePrismUI.exe' sub-processes in the Task Manager are responsible for running the Enhanced Application Modeler and Smart Vision Editor, features which were both introduced in v7.3.0. These sub-processes start up upon login and run for the duration of the session, and will run in the background whether using the Studio/Enhanced AppModeler or not.

Thanks @steven.boggs  for getting back on this and sharing this details. Appreciate your input.