cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Capture Tool - Java File

DeborahParfitt
Level 3
Hello

Our Process Analysts are liking the new Blue Prism tool!

Can you provide some additional information on the Java file that can be created out of the Capture tool.  Is this something that can be imported into Blue Prism.

Many thanks

Debbie

------------------------------
Deborah Parfitt
RPA Process Analyst
BNPParibas PF UK
Europe/London
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

john.bailey
Staff
Staff
Hi Deborah

Currently with Capture v1 you can export the PDD as Word and process map in PDF and Visio. In February 2021 Capture (v2) will support Exportable to BP XML, leading to a 25% reduction in automation time. In future (2021+) versions Capture will support Exportable to BP XML with application modeler data, creating a 50% reduction in automation time.

I hope that helps.

John Bailey
Solutions Consultant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

john.bailey
Staff
Staff
Hi Deborah

Currently with Capture v1 you can export the PDD as Word and process map in PDF and Visio. In February 2021 Capture (v2) will support Exportable to BP XML, leading to a 25% reduction in automation time. In future (2021+) versions Capture will support Exportable to BP XML with application modeler data, creating a 50% reduction in automation time.

I hope that helps.

John Bailey
Solutions Consultant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. Just to check my understanding does this mean from Capture V2 we will be able to import a basic process? And in the future import basic objects based on the applications used in the capture tool?

Many thanks

Debbie

Deborah Parfitt
RPA Process Analyst
BNPParibas PF UK
Europe/London

HI Debbie

Correct yes Capture V2 will allow you to export an XML file then use File|Import|Process to import into a basic process.  Bear in mind that it will need altering/adding to/finishing off, but it is an immediate time saving.  In future version (Capture V2+) will allow processes and objects to be imported into Blue Prism (again will need altered/added to/finished off).

I hope that clarifies it...

Regards

John

John Bailey
Solutions Consultant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Thank you John. Your answer clarifies my questions.  Look forward to the new versions of Capture

Deborah Parfitt
RPA Process Analyst
BNPParibas PF UK
Europe/London