cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Soap Web Services

harshilcibc
Level 4

Hello, 

I am evaluating the Blue Prism process exposure and SOAP UI capability, but it doesn't seem to work.

Use Case: There is a process exposed within one BP environment and I am trying to consume/run that exposed process from another BP environment using SOAP Web service configuration. I tried within same environment as well, but it still gives same access error. Even with SOAP UI tool it gives similar unauthorized error: 

19605.png

I couldn't find clear documentation on how to configure SOAP Web Service in Blue Prism, so I tried different options. i.e., with, without below checkbox. Also tried native and active directory users but still the same issue. What username and password goes here - BP Native user? Trying to figure out what else I am missing here.  

19606.png

Appreciate any help with this issue to make Soap web service work within Blue Prism. 

Regards,

Harshil

------------------------------
Harshil Mehta
6 REPLIES 6

ManishKathuria
Level 3

Hi Harshil,

The error will be encountered due to the following potential reasons.

>The Username and Password may not be assigned while adding the exposed URL of WSDL file under the Blue Prism Settings > System > Objects - Web Services.
>Or the Username or Password is invalid to authenticate the exposed WSDL file.

you may have a look on this previous discussion here:
https://community.blueprism.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=1a38c7db-0da0-49ca-a3c2-9da7383388ff&CommunityKey=3743dbaa-6766-4a4d-b7ed-9a98b6b1dd01#bm1a38c7db-0da0-49c...

Manish Kathuria Lead Software Engineer RPA
Sr Software Engeneer
SS&C Technologies

Hello Harshil,

You can refer the above-mentioned thread to resolve the issue. Attached the webservices guide for your reference.

Athiban Mahamathi ,
SimplifyNext,
Technical Consultant

Hi Manish, 

Thank you for the guidance. I tried this but it is still not working. What I am trying to understand is, do we need to provide username and password here or can it be left blank? If not, then what credentials goes here.. BP Native user or I can custom user password.  I tried leaving this field blank as default config but it doesn't work. All our environments use active directory login.

Thanks,

Harshil

Harshil Mehta

Hi Athiban, 

Thank you for sharing the document. This is helpful. I will go through this. 

Regards,

Harshil

Harshil Mehta

Ok so I went through the documentation. I have it configured same as steps in this document, however, when time comes to consume the exposed process BP is giving authorization error. Everything is fine until exposing and configuration of same process as SOAL WS in BP. 

Use case is simple: Process is created to increment input value by +1, exposed the process and configured this exposed process in SOAP WS within BP. Now when consuming this WS internally in 2nd Test process, it is giving authorization error.  

I feel I am missing something in the credentials part or something wrong in environment. I am doing all these within BP. 

Appreciate any help you can provide here. 

Regards,

Harshil

Harshil Mehta

Hi Harshil,

Did you try via Utility - HTTP VBO?

Are you able to test this webservice outside BP with the same credentials?

Athiban Mahamathi ,
SimplifyNext,
Technical Consultant