cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP and app on different screens

Massimo_PaoloDa
Level 3
Hello everyone, 

this is my first post. I have encountered a mostly peculiar error occuring in BluePrism Object Studio. 

I am working with two screens, usually having BP window on my laptop screen and the target application on an external screen. I am performing a simple data entry in a text box, using Activate Application > Global Mouse Click Centre > Global Enter Keys as I am in a Citrix environment. what is very strange is that the Click Centre part is not working correclty when my BP window sits on a different screen than the app window. all the other commands work fine, but the mouse just clicks on a different point that it should.

Application modeller is able to highlight the area where to click perfectly (it's a region). 

but then if I move the BP window on the screen where the Citrix Environment sits, everything works just fine. I have other similar operations in the same Object Studio (also on the same page) that work perfecly, both when BP and the app are on the same screens or different ones.

I hope I was clear, I'm not necessarily looking for a solution (because I will simply launch BP and the app on the same screen), but I'm curious to hear other opinions on why this might happen. 

Thanks to everybody who joins the discussion

------------------------------
Massimo Paolo Dal Monico
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Ciao Massimo and welcome. It's probably to do with the coordinates and the fact that BP wasn't originally built with multiple screens in mind - I don't have access to the code but I suspect the global click is confusing the screens - the 2 that you have plus the Citrix one. It might be interesting to have BP read the screen resolutions and XY positions that it 'thinks' it's using.

But in any case, you should always develop and test in an environment that replicates the production environment - there's no point creating an automation that works great in Dev and fails in Prod because of some environmental difference. If you're doing Surface Automation then this is especially important.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism