cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP version 6.1 or 6.3 difference

virendersingh
Level 3
In Production Environment, we have the BP Version 6.3 release, in development server the BP version 6.1 is available. When we import the release from production server to development server(6.3 to 6.1) then it's failed. The Exception is comes :- "Blueprism - An error occurred while attempting to import the release: AMI did not recognize the action type 'UIAClickCentre'   Development BP version - 6.1.0.992 Development .Net Framework - 4.7 Any solution for import the release from production to development server. Please help us on priority on this issue. if any solution available then please let me know. Please check the attach development BP Server version and Exception screenshot.
4 REPLIES 4

Simon_AndrePede
Level 4
Blue Prism have made improvements on UIA and is probably not compatible going from 6.3 to 6.1, but as BP ""promise"" compatible from 6.1 to 6.3 but i have a question, why are you importing from Production back to Development? I'm not in your team, but i would say it is very risky business to perform this action, as you might overwrite Newer code with older code. A release cycle should always be Dev -> Test -> Production For your specific situation i would create a 6.3 Development environment, so you can fix the changes in this environment and then go through your release cycle again.

virendersingh
Level 3
Yes I am totally agreed with you. Can you please tell me :- 1. The Blue prism UI Interaction mode launch with version 6.1 or 6.3. Can you confirm me for this?? 2. any other way to solve to this regarding, instead of install 6.3 development environment. The reason behind that the License issue  and company cost. So if possible please give the alternate way to solve this issue.   Please let me know if any other information you have required.

david.l.morris
Level 14
What license issue are you referring to? The Blue Prism license is irrespective of version.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

virendersingh
Level 3
The Blue prism Version we are using is 6.1. Any way we can check the BP version 6.3 release code. Any open platform where we can test our code??   Please help in this case.