cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPASessionLog Data Archiving Issue

ChrisHodgson1
Level 4
Hi, We are trying to archive data to reduce the size of our database table (specifically BPASessionLog). We have run the automatic archiving for everything over a month old as per the instructions on the knowledge base: Session Logs There are a number of options for managing and deleting Session Log information: ï‚· Using the Archiving feature (recommended) This includes manual, automatic and command line archiving (or permanent deletion) of session logs and can be aligned with the organisation€™s data retention policy. Our database hasn't reduced at all. Our DBA has confirmed that the oldest entry is still from when we began using Blue Prism, so it is still in the database. How can we archive/delete this information permanently? Thanks, Chris
12 REPLIES 12

I have a same problem. Can you give me this script?

------------------------------
Yahor Pamazai
RPA developer
EY
Europe/London

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I'm pretty sure you can trunc/drop rows from the table without issue. (We've had to do this a few times in our environment, but you might want to back it up somewhere to be safe.)

Session logs do build up very, very quickly. However, you can define the level of logging in each process/object. Depending on company policies, it's typically best to set everything to "Log Errors Only", then add logging for individual stages as-needed. This will also log inputs/outputs, if you need them.

Ami Barrett
Lead RPA Software Developer
Solai & Cameron
America/Chicago