cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Object Excel VBO Extended 'GetClipboardText' error

Fran.Woodcock
Level 4

Hi, I'm trying to get an Excel worksheet as a collection but am getting the following error and I don't understand what I could be doing wrong. The worksheet name is correct, I've checked for spaces and spelling etc.  The worksheet name doesn't change. The contents are a mix of text and numbers that can be in date form or just as numbers... could this be it?

FranWoodcock_0-1713793112841.png

This is my action:

FranWoodcock_1-1713793252316.png

The workbook name is referenced from a different page.

I'm on version 6.10.5

Thanks, Fran

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Fran.Woodcock ,

Do you get the worksheet name from blueprism & then use it or are you trying to store it in a variable to utilize it?

I can see involvement of spaces in the sheet name which can cause this issue try to check if the sheet name of the excel has extra spaces like " Sheet1" & you trying to access "Sheet1". In case this is any system generated sheet, best approach would be to get the worksheet name & then use the same to fetch data.

Still if you face the same issue I would encourage you to share a snip of the excel data you are trying to fetch.

Thanks

Shreya Satish Udagave Technical Architect | Associate Consultant Northern Trust Operating Services, Pune Email- [EmailAddress]

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

I doubt it's the data in the sheet. Could you use the official Excel VBO rather than a copy?