cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#BPTechTips - F key usage

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
This is a simple tip for beginners that will speed up your build time and stop your arm from aching after long periods in Studio.

Use your non-mouse hand to operate F2 and F3 on the keyboard, in order to flip between the Pointer and Link modes. With a bit of practice you'll be able to coordinate your hands to smoothly switch the link tool on and off, without reaching across to the tool bar. This will seem obvious to an experienced user but it's not uncommon for novices to be unaware of the F keys. F10 (step) F11 (step in), Shift+F11 (step out) and F5 (run) are also useful to know.

Lastly, I know it a personal preference but I don't like to see people using the trackpad when developing in BP. To me, using a mouse is easier and faster.

------------------------------
John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism
2 REPLIES 2

This is actually one of the best tips I have come across as I am so well accustomed to the benefits that it has given me over years. If I compare my old self who loved dragging and dropping those stages to my current self, I can see this one tip significantly helped me so much to speed up my development  time.

P.S. Also, F4 - Action, F6 - Decision and F8 - Data Item are among my favourite ones as you are going to use them almost every time

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Automation Consultant
Blueprism 6x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

These are very handy tricks.. Once you are used to these, you will never use drag and drop/surfing pointer.

MuraliKrishna
Senior Consultant - Automation Developer