cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism 6.10.5 - Issue Terminating Google Chrome

TheoHenderson
Level 2
Today my company upgraded from Blue Prism 6.10.4 to 6.10.5 and have been experiencing issues with Business Objects using the Terminate action to close Google Chrome.

ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Terminate' on page 'Terminate O365' - The attempt to close the browser timed out. Some webpages may not have been closed but they will now be detached from Blue Prism. Please ensure all browsers with the Blue Prism browser extension installed are closed before continuing.

On investigation it appears the Google Chrome Browser has successfully terminated but I am still getting the above error.

The Blue Prism 6.10.4 Browser Extension is installed and active on Chrome (for the moment we have decided to stick with the Manifest V2 browser extension).

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

**UPDATE**  - Upgrading to the Manifest V3 Browser Extension 6.10.5 appears to resolve the issue. However, due to some of our processes using JavaScript invocation or injection we wish to remain on V2 for now.

------------------------------
Theo Henderson
RPA Developer
13 REPLIES 13

We are running into the random slowness related to 6.10.5 Chrome as well. Has anyone confirmed if this is indeed related to the way Chrome is terminated? Is there an official response from Blue Prism on this issue? Thanks!

Ben Bobo
RPA Developer
Constellation Brands
America/New_York

Hello,

Blue Prism has confirmed that it's a defect.

BP-12244

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Upgrade-Expansion/Upgrade/1579866972/What-are-the-known-issues-in-Blue-Prism-Version-6-10-releases.htm

Look here for more details and their proposed work around.

Thanks,
Bharadwaj.

Bharadwaj Janagani

Hello,

May I know the sequence of actions that you are using in this workaround? I tried replacing the terminate stage with send keys "%{F4}" but I can't make it work. 

Thanks so much!

Jose Norberto Manrique

HI @TheoHenderson

What version of chrome are you using? and can you please let us know the how to overcome this? (Work arounds used)
We upgraded to 6.10.5 MV3 and facing the slowness issue.

thanks ​

Kolli Sai Vikas