cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Cloud - OS Patching conflict

DawidPekala
Level 4
hi,
We're running Blue Prism Cloud platform (hosted on Azure) where have a bit of a problem in terms of OS patching.
As BPC is SaaS we've agreed that Blue Prism is responsible for maintaining the OS by applying Windows updates. Within the Azure/BPC platform this is typically achieved by Azure Update Management tool.
However - to maintain our line-of-business application we have SCCM installed on our machines also. Although SCCM hasn't been configured to apply OS patching.
What we've noticed is that Azure UM tool and SCCM are conflicting which results in neither applying the updates. In short, AUM initialises the patching, but Windows then waits for SCCM to 'approve' them (which it doesn't as patching is deactivated on SCCM) 

I was wondering if anyone experienced similar issue (either within BPC or a self-hosted Azure se-up), and if you found a way around it (ideally one that enables AUM to successfully complete the patching whilst SCCM is installed and takes care of LOB apps updates)..

There are some sources on the internet (see below URL) suggesting that in theory it is possible, but I can find any proper analysis of the problem together with working solution.

Example source:
How does Azure Update Management handle integration? | TechTarget

Regards
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hi @DawidPekala

Have you raised this as an issue with the BPC folks?

Cheers,

Eric

DawidPekala
Level 4

hi @ewilson 

Both I did (#226886), and our sister team did (they have separate BPC platform in another group area). We escalated this issue with our CSM (Binit) and we had a number of conversations with both BPC support (including 1st line and further escalation through to engineers) and our IT support company (we outsource IT support to a 3p). 

However BPC support seems to be as much puzzled by AUM vs SCCM conflict as our IT is. Where we got to so far is a suggestion that OUR IT provider should patch using SCCM (although that's bound to cause some contractual discussions as the BPC platform (being cloud-based SaaS offering) is outside of our IT's support current coverage).

DawidPekala
Level 4

@ewilson sorry to bother you again, but we're still stuck.

Do you have any suggestions on that subject at all? 

Have you come across a solution to this problem which you could point me to please?

ewilson
Staff
Staff

Hello @DawidPekala 

Unfortunately, I have no experience with AUM vs SCCM. 😞

Cheers,

Eric