cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Mapiex - Get Mail not retrieving emails in control room

MelanieFlynn
Level 2
​Hi

I have a process which is retrieving emails from an Outlook 2016 mailbox using the Get Mail function in the Blue Prism MAPiex object.

This process is working perfectly when run in debug, however when I run it in control room it is no longer able to retrieve emails, and shows as 'no mails in inbox' on the log.

When viewing this, I can see that there are definitely unread emails present in the mailbox, and if I run in debug directly afterwards the process will then proceed to get an email with no problems at all.

Can any wise people advise what might be going on here, and what I can do to resolve it? 

Thanks

------------------------------
Flynnie
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Melanie,

Just to check - is there a business reason you're using MAPIEx over the Outlook VBO? (IE: A requirement to switch profiles.) If not, we highly recommend making the swap to the Outlook VBO that we provide in the /VBOs folder of the application. Among other things, it's more stable and may resolve your issue here.

If you make the switch, make sure programmatic access is enabled in Outlook's trust center, and that the permissions of the folders you're trying to touch have them set to be visible.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MelanieFlynn
Level 2
​Here is the error message in the session log   'A MAPI Error occurred : 0x80004005 : MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED'.

Melanie Flynn
DevOps Engineer
Legal & General
Europe/London

Hi Melanie,

Just to check - is there a business reason you're using MAPIEx over the Outlook VBO? (IE: A requirement to switch profiles.) If not, we highly recommend making the swap to the Outlook VBO that we provide in the /VBOs folder of the application. Among other things, it's more stable and may resolve your issue here.

If you make the switch, make sure programmatic access is enabled in Outlook's trust center, and that the permissions of the folders you're trying to touch have them set to be visible.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX