cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism is attaching slow to Chrome or Edge

MichałPlich
Level 2

Hi,

I'm working with BP 7.2 Browser Extension, and using BP v7.2.0.

Attaching to Chrome and Edge seems very slow (around 20 secs to attach).
As attaching parameters I'm using Process Name and Window Tile (with wildcard).
I can find root cause of this issue, it's hard to say when exactly this started.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

------------------------------
Michał Plich
4 REPLIES 4

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Michal,

Have you tried experimenting with different Attach parameters to determine if you see any difference in the attach speed? It could be that using a wildcard is making it search and traverse the entire application model before a matching Window Tile is found, so specifying a different point of identification could help with this.

If trying different Attach parameters doesn't help improve the speed, you may need to adjust some Blue Prism system timeout values -- we have several articles on our Knowledge Base that can help with these types of scenarios, and you can always open a ticket with us in Support for assistance with further diagnosing this issue and enabling additional logging to determine what's causing the delay.

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

tok
Level 3

We have the same issue.

We just upgraded frem 7.1.2 to 7.2 and new all attaches to the browser take roughly 60s. On 7.1.2 it was about a second. So very frustrating.

We attach using Process Name: msedge and child index 0. I have also tried to use various combinations of Procees Id, window title and others, but nothing makes it attach faster.

/Troels Krogh

Troels Krogh
IT Consultant
HK Danmark

MichałPlich
Level 2

I've tried already with different parameters (without wildard/using process ID) and still the same issue. It seems that it's able to find it very quickly, but attaching itself is very slow (ie when I've tried to attach to correct PID and window tile which does not exist I got exception instantly).

Michał Plich

Looks like it is a real issue with 7.2

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000083230

Troels Krogh
IT Consultant
HK Danmark