cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism 6.7.2 - MS Edge - Browser Spy Mode

StephenColeman
Level 4

Hi all,
We are running BP V6.7.2 and currently have many processes interacting with Edge using the BP 6.10.1 extension.
Due to the Manifest changes coming next year we are trying to find a way to keep our processes running as updating to V7+ isn't really an option for us in the time left.

I've added the Blue Prism Extension 6.9 - 6.10 Manifest V3 extension to Edge.  Whilst UIA and AA mode still work fine, anything using Browser Mode is unable to find elements.  I have tried to respy sites in a fresh object, and Browser mode exists, but can't see elements.  They can be seen by UAI and AA so the extension is working, just not for Browser mode.

As we are using a version of BP / Edge Extension that isn't supported, I'm hoping someone here would have an idea why Browser mode doesn't work with this extension an if it can be fixed other than respying everything in UI/AA mode (not realistic as we have 500+ objects)!

Thanks,
Steve

3 REPLIES 3

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
Hi Steve,

The scenario you describe (running v6.7.2 of Blue Prism with the v6.10.1 browser extension) is not a supported configuration, and is likely to run into unforeseen issues. Edge browser support in Blue Prism was first introduced in v6.8, and using differently-versioned Blue Prism products together like this is not supported nor advisable for several reasons. Please refer to the Browser Extension Compatibility Chart for details on supported configurations that have been tested by our Product team.

Upgrading to the latest version of v6 (v6.10.5 at the time of this writing) would be my primary suggestion here if you're unable to upgrade major versions to v7.x by the time support for MV2-based extensions is dropped. Also, reviewing our documentation on the MV2/MV3 changeover may help provide you with some options to utilize a supported configuration without necessitating re-design of your many browser-based processes.

StephenColeman
Level 4
Hi Steve,

We know it's not supported, but that was the only option we had for browser automation once IE was removed from support.  We don't have the option to update from 6.7.2 to anything but 7.x and we don't have the option to use an alternative Browser like Chrome.

Unless we can get Browser mode working in an MV3 compatible extension with 6.7.2, we will have to rebuild all our objects to use UIA or AA mode and just accept any processes that cannot function without a Browser Mode element so I'm really hoping that someone in the community knows a way of making this work even as an unofficial solution.

Thanks
Steve

dcternes
Staff
Staff
Hi Stephen,

Have you given any thought to running Edge in IE-Mode?

It should only be a temporary workaround, but it would enable you to continue running Edge, continue running 6.7.2 for the time-being, and avoid the MV3 issue (IE-mode doesn't rely on the browser extension so MV3 doesn't become an issue).

IE-Mode is not the perfect long-term solution -- eg: customers have reported that automations run much slower than in native IE -- but it might solve your immediate problem.