cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# code stage system.data defaults to old version

Dehli
Level 3

I get the following error 
Compiler error at line 0: The type name 'DataTable' could not be found in the namespace 'System.Data'. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'System.Data.Common, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' Consider adding a reference to that assembly.

I have system.data in code options but it seems like it defaults to an old version.

Dehli_0-1725953349928.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, I have seen this issue before. 

Can you please confirm you're using the correct version of the .NET framework in your environment? Sometimes, Blue Prism might default to an older version of the framework, which might be causing the issue.

Brigiana Kopec Senior Product Support Engineer (Bilingual) – Americas

Dehli
Level 3

How do i see what version i am using?

Try the commands here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1565434/how-do-i-find-the-installed-net-versions

You're probably looking to make sure you have .NET Framework 4.7 and/or 4.8, depending on what Blue Prism version you're on.

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

I have .NET 4.8.1 installed But if Blue prism defaults to an older version i need to tell it to use the new version somehow

I would go ahead and try installing the .NET Framework version that your version of Blue Prism was designed for.

Here's what the article (linked below) essentially says:

• For Blue Prism 6.0-6.7: .NET Framework 4.7
  • For Blue Prism 6.8+: .NET Framework 4.8

You can have both .NET Framework 4.7 and 4.8 installed.

What version of Blue Prism are you on?

Reference: Which .NET Framework versions does Blue Prism Enterprise support? :

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

We are using blue prism 7.3.1 so i will try to install .net 4.8