Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU high usage

SergeiEvdokimov
Level 5
Good day to all!
The problem with high CPU usage in version 2.1
Loading is kept maximum for the entire period of document processing. On version 1.2, we used a machine with two virtual processors and there were no problems. Now the machine is with higher performance and works with difficulty.
9736.png
9737.png

------------------------------
Sergei Evdokimov
6 REPLIES 6

Ok yeah I do also notice this after upgrading to 2.1
9700.pngBut this is only when it is extracting, once no more items to OCR it comes back to normal.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

Hi Tejaskumar,

The behavior you have seen is what I would expect of CPU utilization. Sergei, I understand your comparison between versions of Decipher but has the workload, the size of the documents, etc changed at all?

I would not expect to see the CPU utilization very high unless, like Tejaskumar's situation, it was doing OCR work.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

This is just for testing purposes but let's say if this goes in production with high invoice volume then is it gonna always stay at 100%?

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hi Tejaskumar.

The CPU utilization is going to be high on whatever server you are running the automated client service on whenever it is processing documents. So if you are pushing a lot of volume, then yes, the CPU will be very busy most of the time.

What we've recommended to clients with high workloads, is to have at least two servers running the automated client service. Decipher will round-robin the workload between the servers.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Good afternoon.
It was believed that the reason for the high processor load is related to the OS version. Updated the server from 2016 to 2019. The load level has not changed, and remained about 100%.
On a previous weaker server, we received an incident from technical support due to high CPU usage (>98% for a long time).

Sergei Evdokimov

Ok understood. Thanks, Ben.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji