cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't we import complete BP Release package from Command Prompt

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi Team, when I try to import a complete BP release package from command Prompt I get the following error 'This is not a valid process definition' error when importing a release package using an AutomateC command line" so is there any way I can import the complete package from command prompt as a package?? Regards, Manoj
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
No there isn't. Importing a release is potentially complex given the number of potential entities, conflicts and user decisions. Importing a single process or object is more of an 'atomic' function suited to the command line.

ManojKumar3
Level 6
Hi John, thanks for the update. but still I am facing issue when I export components individually as well.(not for process and object) like for Workqueue ,environment variables, schedulers . how do I export and import these items individually thanks Manoj

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can't do that either Manoj I'm afraid. Those kind of items have to be done as a release and a release can only be imported manually at present. Automating the import of a release into Prod is risky - imagine if the automation allowed something into Prod that brought down all existing processes? You could get fired!

Hi John, thanks for the response. Ya that's true but what if we have more than 4 to 5 environments where we need to spend time in exporting and importing that's really time consuming.. so my team thought of an idea y cant we automate this stuff through command prompt.so that reduces manual effort. so are you sure there is no commands exist for importing or exporting environment variables manually???that's bit surprising . thanks, Manoj

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Definately no command for exporting/importing releases or environment variables. A full list of command line options available is in the product help - so if you cannot see it in there it does not exist. There is an ideas and enhancements thread on this Portal - you can add this as a suggestion there.

hi Denis, Thanks for your updates Regards, Manoj

Hi Denis, We are also started researching on automating the release management process using AutomateC.exe. Is there is any update on importing/exporting complete BP release using AutomateC.exe(cmd line) Thanks, Sai