cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two or more processes in schedule - how it will work?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys, I have following schedule: Schedule; 10:00 - Start process 1 11:00 - Start process 2 Process 1 will be complete at 11:15 - what will hapent to process 2? Will it wait to 11:15 to run, ot will it stop Process 1 in middle of work? Any else possible outcome? Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There is a configuration within the product (look in the product help for info) which is 'If a resrouce is offline, retry after:"" and 'Retry an offline resource a maximum of"". These default to retrying after 5 seconds and trytring a maximum of 10 times. However, this feature was created for offline resources (where there might have been a network blip) rather than busy resources. Maybe experiment with it to see if it would work for busy resources also? I think the better solution would be either: ** Have your sessions as follow on tasks within the same Schedule rather than two seperate Schedules. Task two will start when task one ends - which is far cleaner. ** Or you could have an end time in process one that ensures it does not pick up new work after 10:55. That is no use if all items need to be worked.

Siva_rama_krish
Level 2
Agree with these: Good suggestion Denis, We recently implemented it. ** Have your sessions as follow on tasks within the same Schedule rather than two seperate Schedules. Task two will start when task one ends - which is far cleaner. ** Or you could have an end time in process one that ensures it does not pick up new work after 10:55. That is no use if all items need to be worked.

Siva_rama_krish
Level 2
Agree with these: Good suggestion Denis, We recently implemented it. ** Have your sessions as follow on tasks within the same Schedule rather than two separate Schedules. Task two will start when task one ends - which is far cleaner. ** Or you could have an end time in process one that ensures it does not pick up new work after 10:55. That is no use if all items need to be worked.

SachinVyavahare
Level 2
Please let me know, How process End Time can be accessed?