Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create ActiveX component.

guna_vardhanmee
Level 3
Hi all,

Here is the error message:
ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component.
While I try to Create Instance for Excel 
Please help me with this thanks in advance

------------------------------
guna vardhan meesala
rpa developer
14 REPLIES 14

AbhijithBabu
Level 2
Hi All,

For me this issue was resolved by changing the Trust Center settings in the excel application of the resourcepc. The ActiveX controls were blocked by the excel application by default and by selecting the option 'Never show information about blocked content' in the Trust center settings solved this issue.

But selecting this option may not be a good method if security is concerned.

Thanks
Abhijith

Abhijith Babu
Automation Engineer
Freelance
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Peter,

I am getting this error in both Studio and Control Room, it was working fine until I added a language pack to Office, even after removing it the error persists.
Most solutions I found online involve the DCOM config, but I can't make them work so far. 
Hope there is a better solution than reinstall Office.

Thanks a lot,
Sebastian

Sebastian Nuñez

Hi, Sebastian.

Try to uninstall and install office again.

Best regards.

17410.jpg

------Original Message------

Hi Peter,

I am getting this error in both Studio and Control Room, it was working fine until I added a language pack to Office, even after removing it the error persists.
Most solutions I found online involve the DCOM config, but I can't make them work so far. 

Thanks a lot,
Sebastian

Sebastian Nuñez

At that point, it really is an issue with the OS not allowing the vb call to create the instance. That can be tied to your user or DCOM settings. You could try and do a gpupdate /force. You can also make sure the registry setting didn't get changed that allows active x components to run.

Enable
Registry HiveHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Registry PathSoftware\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3
Value Name1200
Value TypeREG_DWORD
Value0

cid:bec64311-1997-4b62-afa7-3d1d44d0154e

Peter Tarrant | Product Design Architect

4030 Vincennes Road | Indianapolis, IN 46268

m: 317.343.7068 | e: peter.tarrant@agilifyautomation.com

cid:image009.jpg@01D3D172.D8370E00cid:image010.jpg@01D3D172.D8370E00cid:image011.jpg@01D3D172.D8370E00cid:image012.jpg@01D3D172.D8370E00 

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message and any accompanying data or files is confidential and may contain privileged information intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that the dissemination, distribution, and or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the email address above, delete this email from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately. Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.

------Original Message------

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot,
Sebastian

Sebastian Nuñez

Hi
We ran into the same problem - the reason was that due to failures in the past Excel had more and more "recovered files" when opening. Hence the process got slower and slower until the point where it crashed and we got the ActiveX error message.

So if you are  lucky this is the cause. Open Excel on the runtime resource and wipe all recovered files. 

Now we just need to create a component that checks and wipes this automatically 😄

Brgds
Christian

Christian Jørgensen
Senior System Analyst
Yara International ASA
Europe/London