cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NuGet and Blue Prism

NicolaiGjellest
Level 2
Hi! For a Gmail API integration I have to use a NuGet package called MimeKit to compose a mail message in rfc822 format. I use nuget.exe to install the package and dependencies in a subfolder in the Blue Prism program folder and in the object I reference the DLL's and namespace, I write the code in a code stage and get no errors at all. When I execute the code stage I get an error message that tells me that Blue Prism cannot load file or assembly. Do you have any tips to get this to work? And btw, Blue Prism should really have a native support for adding nuget packages to objects.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

AmiBarrett
Level 12

NuGet packages can be opened and extracted in anything that'll read a .zip file (WinRAR or 7zip for example). You can then load these dependencies into a VBO just like you would in any other object.

Please note, that while we have a 64-bit installer for Blue Prism, Automate.exe is still 32-bit. Thus, any dll files will also need to be 32-bit.

------------------------------
Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NicolaiGjellest
Level 2
The error message: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Could not load file or assembly 'MimeKit, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bede1c8a46c66814' or one of its dependencies. System cannot find file specified.

Nearly 2 years later, I got a similar issue, but with MimeKit version=2.8.0.0. Integration of such packages in BP is very annoying.

Oleksandr Startsev
RPA developer

AmiBarrett
Level 12

NuGet packages can be opened and extracted in anything that'll read a .zip file (WinRAR or 7zip for example). You can then load these dependencies into a VBO just like you would in any other object.

Please note, that while we have a 64-bit installer for Blue Prism, Automate.exe is still 32-bit. Thus, any dll files will also need to be 32-bit.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX