cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Errors in Process/VBO

GustavoKlein
Level 4

Hello guys, good night!

There is how check if process or vbo contains errors using script commands or another method? The idea is don't open process by process to check this info.

Thanks! :))

5 REPLIES 5

GopalBhaire
Level 10
You can generate a report of all objects/process from System->Reporting->Built In Reports System

------------------------------
Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

VivekGoel
Level 10
Hi,

Thank you for posting this question. It gave me something to research on. 
A diveinto the database gave me the table names where all the rules for these error validation are stored.

26726.png
I am yet to figure out though how does these checks gets triggered. I believe there should be a trigger or SP which does it when we click on Validate/refresh etc. 

Will keep you posted as I find them 🙂 

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

Ohhh! It's great, i will be following.

Thanks!

Gustavo Klein
System Analyst
UTC

@GustavoKlein Is what Gopal mentioned not what you're looking for? The output from System > Reporting >  ​Built-in Reports > System will generate a text file that is a report of all the processes and objects including whether they have validation issues.

I just generated that report, and below is an excerpt from it for the process 'Process Examples - Maintaining work queues':

==Process Examples - Maintaining work queues (Process)==
*ID: 869d3e00-51f7-41c6-b641-cd00cb7cbd89
*Created by <user email address removed for forum post> on 2019-07-08 13:19:49Z
*Modified by <user email address removed for forum post> on 2019-07-08 13:19:49Z
*Type: Process
*Pages: 6
*Stages: 218

===Validation Issues===
Total: 113
*Exception stage wants to use existing exception information, but there can be no existing exception there x5
*Page '{0}' is not called by any other page x5
*Blank value supplied{0} x53
*No 'Store In' mapping set{0} x40
*No preconditions are defined x5
*No postconditions are defined x5

I also would be curious to attempt running the same validations using the data in the database as Vivek pointed out, but I would imagine Gopal's suggestion would make it easier for you to check everything at once at least.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company

Wow Dave, its great and works too! With the example i think will be fine, thanks bro and thanks too for Gopal!

Gustavo Klein
System Analyst
UTC