cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChromeDriver cannot be accessed.

After updating, I started getting an error that ChromeDriver cannot be accessed. The version I'm using is 7.2.1.

Version 7.2.1 does not require the Browser Automation Agent to be installed, so ChromeDriver is placed on the desktop. Do I need to change settings somewhere?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

You will need Browser Automation Agent if you are using new Chrome Version (with Manifest Version 3) to be able to use JavaScript invokes

How ever, only if you are using BAA you should require Chromium Drivers

Additionally, Chrome Driver needs to be in BAA installation folder and not on the desktop.

WeitghtRPAMatey

@rsrivastava2

Since version 7.2, the JavaScript Invoker binaries are installed within the Blue Prism Automate folder so there isn't the need for BAA anymore.

@くろせはるこ 

The ChromeDriver.exe needs to, at least, be in a folder that is in the machine's environment path settings. We don't get a similar error message to yours if the ChromeDriver.exe can't be found but below you can see what we would get (I renamed the ChromeDriver.exe to produce the error).

MichealCharron_0-1715957453188.png

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Hi Micheal,

I stand corrected 🙂

But in general, wouldn't crome update not require updated chromeDriver.exe every time?

WeitghtRPAMatey

@rsrivastava2 

You are correct, sir, but that would throw up another error dialog that shows a long message about compatibility:

MichealCharron_0-1715971238023.png

We created our own action to download the matching chromedriver.exe using googleapis.com but I believe Blue Prism has a VBO that does the same thing.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

Hi Michael,

Could you share the link to this VBO here. I believe that would be helpful for people who reach this thread when searching for similar topic

WeitghtRPAMatey

@rsrivastava2 

I thought it was Blue Prism's VBO but the following link, from the Digital Exchange, points to a VBO made from another company. The description does list the ability to upgrade the ChromeDriver.exe:

Blue Prism Digital Exchange - Get HTML from Chrome - 1.0.0

Disclaimer: I have not used the VBO above since we have our own in-house build action for it but I remembered seeing somebody mention it on another reply on the community.

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada